Lock Monkey Solid Stainless Steel Door Strike Locator MK300
|KWI-89919-001, HIT-24, INJIG-116
You can use this tool when preparing a door for new cylinder lock to make sure you are drilling your strike hole in the same place. Without the proper use of strike locator, you are risking the latch or bolt not properly aligning with the strike hole.
- Drill your 2-1/8" hole for the main lock body
- Drill your 1" hole for the latch/bolt
- Insert the strike locator into your latch/bolt hole with the sharp end facing out
- Close the door and use a hammer to tap the strike locator, leaving a mark in the door jamb
- Use the new mark as your center point and drill your 1" hole in the door jamb for your new strike